Thursday, February 16, 2012

13 weeks.

2/2/12

13 weeks (3 months)
You'll have to forgive me for making this post short and crappy. I've had a bad day and all I really want to do is curl up in a ball and cry for a few hours. (Which as a matter of fact is exactly what I've been doing for the last couple of hours.)

I had an awesome couple of days early in the week though. Chad and I flew to Mammoth Lakes to meet up with a bunch of friends at a pretty cabin in the mountains. The little nugget was kinda mad I didn't take him/her skiing when everyone else was but I did have a really good time relaxing, reading books by the fire, hanging out with everybody, and taking walks. My heart is pretty happy when I'm in the mountains. Some days I really miss living in Colorado at 9,000 feet surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. (Whew, I am definitely not used to the altitude now though...I was huffing and puffing walking around at 7,000 feet there!) I can't believe it's been 2.5 years since we lived there and we haven't even been back to visit since then!! I love the kind of quiet the mountains seem to bring...or maybe it's the cold and the snow...or both. I didn't even bother to turn on any electronics when I had the cabin to myself during the day this week. The peace and quiet was just too perfect.

Anyway, there's just a combo of things that led to my crap mood right now. Mostly my crazy ass hormones playing tricks on me. Throw in a sad situation happening to some people I love. A large dose of being Missouri-sick from my family. An undetermined amount of BS at work. A dash of insecurities about pregnancy. And you have what I (and Chelsea Handler) would call...a hot mess. That being said I'm going to bed now and looking forward to a new try tomorrow.

xo,
me

ps. What does make my heart smile is that Baby J has grown to about the size of a peach and I'm about a week away from officially being in my 2nd trimester. Grow baby grow. :)

No comments: