Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Meet Avery.

I have a very heavy heart.

There's a sweet family we know (my cousin Lacey and Ryan's best friends) that are going through an extremely difficult time. My stomach literally churns thinking about the emotions they are going through. I don't have many words I feel are good enough to offer the kind of support I wish I could give them. But if I can hold it together for the next couple of minutes, I'd love to try.

Avery Lynn Canahuati :)
You see, Avery has just been diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) at 5 months old. I won't even try to explain what that means because her parent's do an incredible job explaining it on their blog and I'd rather you read the facts from them.

Here are a few thoughts going on in my head.....
I would tell Miss Avery how lucky she is to have such a beautiful and loving Mommy and Daddy....but I think she already knows. I would tell her Mommy and Daddy to embrace everything that is Avery.....but clearly they are already way ahead of me. And I'd let them know the potential they have to touch people all over the world, bringing awareness to SMA (a disease I've never heard of before Avery)......but again, they're way ahead of me. I'd also tell Avery what an inspiration her story is to everyone she's touched so far and will touch in the future.....but I'm certain God told her how important she was going to be on this Earth.

Follow Avery's blog here: http://www.averycan.blogspot.com/

Please read Avery's story and pass it on. Through all the sadness I feel for this situation.....Avery definitely managed to put a huge smile on my face and I know she will do the same for you. Keep this precious baby girl in your hearts and prayers to give her and everyone around her strength and courage!

To Laura and Mike......I just want to say thank you. Thank you for seeing the bigger picture. Although it shouldn't surprise me because of the people that you are, what you're doing is really beautiful and inspirational. Especially for Chad and I to see it in the eyes of soon-to-be parents ourselves. It has reminded the two of us to embrace every single second of every single milestone. And I mean that in both our future child's life and our own. I hope you know the Gastineau clan considers you like family and we love you all so much!  xoxoxoxoxo

To Avery.......Wow little lady, you have a GREAT bucket list! I think you should add....
- Visit San Francisco and walk across the Golden Gate Bridge!
We live near there and would love to host you and mom and dad! It would be so fun. Talk it over with them and let me know what you think. It's an open invitation so you're welcome anytime! Disneyland is a 6 hour drive (or 1 hour flight) south of us.....that could be a fun addition to your list too! Hugs and kisses, sweet girl! xoxoxoxoxo

Love,
Brooke and Chad